Sunday, September 30, 2007

Reflections...

Have you ever caught a glimpse of yourself in a mirror or your reflection in a window and you think "Dang, I'm not looking so great today." Only then the next day, you see yourself again and it's like "I'm sensing a pattern here..."

By the third or fourth time that happens, you start to realize that no, it wasn't a bad day. That's what you ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE.

I am cute on a good day. At my best, I may even be kind of pretty. I have never been, and will never be, "beautiful," at least not in my own eyes or, I think, in the opinion of the general public.

But even when you feel like an ugly duckling for the most part, there are times in your life when you feel halfway decent about your outward appearance. Like "Yeah, I've got it..."

Maybe because I came out of my pregnancy 20 pounds thinner than I went into it. Maybe because I gave birth to what I consider to be one of the most beautiful, perfect creatures that ever was. Maybe just the glow of being a new mama again. I don't know, but I've spent the last few weeks feeling pretty dang good.

Until I caught my reflection. I am not looking good. I am struggling. Even with my sassy new hair. Something must be done. I will let you know when I figure out what.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my dear? Are full of shit. Because you are lovely!

Steph said...

I have to agree with Molly on this one! You are SMASHING!

Anonymous said...

The red hair will definitely improve your image. ;)
I'm with Molly, Steph and Jess. Lovely, adorable, and smashing!

gail said...

You are adorable but dude, I feel ya.

Tiffany said...

I have to agree with Molly on this one!

Jaime said...

Molly has such a way w/ words. I have to ditto her.