Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Too fast...

Ladybug giggled. We had a nice hour of pure happy baby, all smiles and coos and tree frog climbing. And she looked me dead in the eye and gave a little "heh, heh, heh" with that big ol' beautiful toothless grin. My heart soars and sinks at the same time.

I swear, she's grown since yesterday. And it terrifies me that in the next blink she'll be walking, then off to preschool, and then before you know it she's bringing home science homework and spelling words with two syllables. I hate to think what comes next. As much as I look forward to watching her grow into the wonderful little girl I know she'll be, I want her to be my delicate little baby forever.

5 comments:

gail said...

That just rocks my socks!

Steph said...

She is SO great! Cherish every moment now.

Jaime said...

I love the baby giggles :) Boo, hiss, to your job. Working sucks.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I know the feeling.

Anonymous said...

OMG, you're going to make me cry! They're not really going to grow up, are they?!