Friday, February 29, 2008

Compliments?

Okay, so we finally decided to tough it out at Lola's, which is supposed to have the best pizza in town. We waited half an hour, and I had my first glass of wine in ages, which I proceeded to spill down the front of my favorite sweater. Crap.

Anyhow, here's what we heard about our girly:

"Oh, she's so lovely! I sell medical equipment to NICUs, so I see a lot of babies, and I know a pretty baby when I see one. That's a pretty baby."

Why, thank you!

"I'm a nanny, and I just wanted to say that you have the most beautiful baby!"

We like to think so!

"Oh! Your baby has the most perfectly shaped head!"

I...wait, what?

Fortunately, all I could think of was "Um, thanks?"

Because I imagine "Yes, my vagina is very spacious" would have been inappropriate.

5 comments:

Steph said...

HAHA!!! Probably not appropriate to say that, but seriously FUNNY!

Jenn said...

LOL! WTH? My MIL always said that about the girls...I just replied, "C-section, they didn't get squished!" You should have seen the looks...

BTW, she is beautiful and does have a very nicely shaped head!

Anonymous said...

Hehe! Well, she does have a beautiful head, lol. She's a bea-u-tiful girl!

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

Inappropriate maybe.

Freaking hysterical, absolutely.

Amy Anderson said...

LOL!!! I get the head comment too...it's weird.