Saturday, February 9, 2008

Getting the hang of it...

I was cleaning out a desk drawer at work yesterday, looking for a key. I found this:
Photobucket

Note the girl, question mark.

And that's exactly how I felt.

Girl? GIRL? Even though I knew in my heart of hearts that she was as different as she could possibly be from her brother, I don't think I saw that one coming.

What am I going to do with a girl, I thought?

What, indeed.

That was a year ago today. A year ago, I was overwhelmed at the thought of being responsible for turning this girl into a wonderful, lovely young lady.

And we're still a long way from young lady, I realize, but I ask myself now. What was I so worried about?

I have a daughter. And instead of being terrified, I can't wait for the rest of it all. Funny how it all works out.

Oh, and she can totally do this now:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's lovely! I think you're doing a wonderful job. If she grows up to be even half the intelligent, caring woman you are, she'll be amazing. :)

labugga said...

At the very least, there will be no "cornflakes" in this house!

Amy Anderson said...

That's how I felt when we found out we were having a boy. Had no clue what I was supposed to do with a boy, but now I can't imagine it any other way.

labugga said...

Oddly enough, I felt the same way when I was pregnant with the Boy. I even called him "She" until he was born, because I was convinced that I would have no clue what to do with him.

Jess said...

You know my reaction when they said boy.

She's so cute and she looked like a little flash dancer in those leggings.

labugga said...

That's 'cause she's a maniac, MA-niac on the floor.

Canape made them. Aren't they fantastic?

Steph said...

Such a beautiful little girl she is! I think you're doing a great job! YAY LB on the crawling.

Jenn said...

:) LA....meet your new workout trainer....Lady Bug! She will start you out with toe touches and weight lifting.

She's awesome LA I can't wait to get them all together this summer!