Friday, February 8, 2008

No more negativity.

I’ve realized lately that the blogosphere is a microcosm of the world. It is filled with people from all walks of life. As a blogger, I am just a drop in the bucket of this diverse community. In reading blogs, I’ve found stories of hope, inspiration, humor, and joy, and I’ve tried to contribute just a little to that.

But as in the world, the blogosphere is also contaminated with negativity. Blogging as a medium allows one to say things that she might not otherwise say to someone’s face. Unkind words, veiled and not-so-veiled references, and hateful remarks are all too common in this world. I myself may have contributed to this negativity, either through this blog, or in real life.

Anne Frank once wrote, “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” It is with that thought that I’ve decided to join the Kind Blog movement.

Henceforth, this blogger:
1. Will not knowingly write or publish hurtful remarks toward another person.
2. Will not accept hateful comments from readers.
3. Will not acknowledge or participate in written attacks on other people or groups.

I believe that one person CAN make a difference toward making the world a more positive place. The negativity will stop here, with me.

Photobucket

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the post. :)

Jenn said...

:)

Steph said...

You are wonderful :)