Sunday, April 6, 2008

What's the opposite of list?

So it's the happiest day in the Bugga home, otherwise known as "The day we get to turn the heat off!" Because if it weren't for Princess Cold Toes, we'd turn it on about four nights a year.

To celebrate, I decided to clean out the refrigerator.

I always realized just how much my pack rat tendencies showed themselves in the contents of my pantry. I was so proud when there were only two jars of peanut butter and one taco kit in the cabinet above the microwave--I used to buy one of each every single time I went to the grocery without questioning it whether we needed it or not.

For the first time, I am genuinely ashamed of the contents of my refrigerator.

What I do not need when I go to the grocery later:

A-1 sauce (two half bottles, one full)
Kosher dills (three jars of spears, one jar of sandwich stackers)
Green olives (three half jars, and I know there are two full jars in the cabinet)
Soy sauce (two bottles, both with about a tablepoon missing, because I use it for stir fry and only stir fry about once a year)
Strawberry milk goo (two bottles)
Baby juice (8 bottles of flavors she hates)

I also have enough individual servings of jell-o, pudding, applesauce, and various diced fruits to not have to buy snacks for the boy through the end of the school year. Which is in June. I have six pints of strawberries, too, but that was totally on purpose.

I should probably avoid working on the closet today, as I imagine my 27 pink shirts (just the pink ones!) will only serve to further depress me.

Seriously, what causes a person to do this?

1 comment:

Jess said...

If you figure out the cause, let me know because I have a basement full of clothing starting from when I was about 10 years old that I have yet to get rid of.