Monday, December 24, 2007

'Twas the night before Christmas

It's weird without my brother here, our first Christmas apart since Mom died. I'm forcing Roaster to spend the night. Like I told him, I haven't had a Christmas morning without him in 29 years. If I'm going to start now, I require some pretty serious advance warning. I threatened to withhold his towels and jacket and M*A*S*H DVDs if he bolted.

The ILs came, they were suprisingly unabrasive. We had a pretty nice dinner that Pap and Hubs whipped up, and we've been enjoying some pretty tasty treats I baked up this morning.

And the kitchen is clean. I don't know how we pulled that one off, but there is a single plate in the sink, and everything else is sparkling. So it's Christmas movies for the rest of the evening and then sleeping lightly so the pitter-patter of not-so-little feet don't go unheard in the morning.

To you and your family, a very Merry Christmas. May your day tomorrow be a happy one, and may the coming year bring you only good things.

2 comments:

Steph said...

Merry Christmas! I hope it's wonderful!

Jenn said...

{{{HUGS}}} to you and yours. Wishes for a very, very, Merry Christmas to you all!