Sunday, October 21, 2007

I love football.

The hubs somehow managed to score 50 yard line BOX seats to the WVU game yesterday. AND a parking pass. Awesome.

We had fun. I love football games. I love cheering, and yelling, and jumping up when the opposing team fumbles the ball. I love the goofy little chants. And the band. Of course the band. The sound of cadence echoing in a stadium gives me goose bumps. (Yes, I was a band geek. What's your point?) Football makes me feel like a teenager, for some reason. In the moment, it feels like first and ten is the most life or death matter you'll face that day. Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it means pretty much nothing, at least for the people sitting in the stands. But for those three hours, it's fun to lose yourself and become part of something bigger than you.

Okay, that was pointless.

2 comments:

Steph said...

SO Glad you had fun!

Jaime said...

Not pointless, LA. I feel the same way and I swear I have flashbacks to my high school days of cheering.